Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spartacular Six!

It's that time of year again, where I get my favorite group of girls together to torture oursleves with two days of non-stop running. However, this year I had the grand idea that we should make it more challenging. Ragnar was "been there, done that," for me, so why not make it more interesting. I convinced 5 other crazy girls to make an Ultra team with me. So, six girls (1/2 the amount of a normal team, double the amount of running!), lots of running and driving, and VERY limited sleep = ...one of my favorite weekends ever! Meet, the Sparktacular Six Ultra team!!


Me, Carolyn, Kristin, Marie, Breezy, and Erin.

 We wore all thing sparkly, and blinged out our van as well!

 Kris brought a mega phone....it was loads of fun, and had to be banned from some people in our van!
 Finishing my first run...13.6 miles
 there was dancing,
 picture taking,
 and more picture taking!
 and, the occasional unconventional bathroom breaks!
 Don't forget, cheerleading, jazz hands, and more mega phone yelling
 All our night runs require reflective gear...Carolyn and I fashioned ours to fit a little better.
 Can you tell we are beginning to get tired and hungry?
 Woohoo, night time running
 This is right before my second run, 12.1 miles (Which is while I am still smiling!)
 And finally, less than 30 hours later, we had finished our 3rd and final leg, and Kris was finishing up!
 WOOOHOOO! We did it! Six girls, 200 miles from Wickenburg to Tempe. My final mileage was  38.9 miles. Whew!
Showing off our blinged out shirts and skirts one last time.
Thank you ladies, for the best Ragnar ever!!!!!

2 comments:

mini and brother said...

You are amazing!!!!!

Tawnya said...

Amazing and Kah-raaazy. But I love it!