Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween part 2, and the mother of the year award!


Halloween night was lots of fun. We took the wagon out around 6pm and we were the first ones out there it seems. The boys did so well in the wagon, and of course, being rewarded with candy didn't hurt! There were a few scary houses that Kaden was apprehensive about, but he wasn't going to miss out getting that candy! Gavin got the hang of it pretty quickly too. After the first half hour, everytime we would go to a new house he would sign"more" and start crawling out of the wagon. What a candy fiend :) look at those handsome boys :)
Gavin was into the candy right away!


And now, for the much awaited mother of the year award!


Yesterday kaden came running up to me screaming and saying "my mouth, my mouth, mommy that soda was yucky!" I proceeded to ask him what he was talking about, telling him to show me.
And this is what he drank:

An airwick oil air freshener!!! Why he would even think to drink it is beyond me. I smelled his mouth and he reeked of harvest spice! Then I looked over at Gavin and he had pink residue all around his mouth and also smelled quite nice. I freaked out, made him drink a bunch of water and then called poison control. I felt like such a loser telling them what happened. Luckily, they said it was just an essential oil and the only thing it might do is upset their stomach. Whew!!

5 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

That's so funny. Just a few weeks ago, my little niece did the same thing!! She drank some black cherry scented stuff that my sister in law uses to make candles. She was also told that it was an oil and might give a stomach ache.

Rachel said...

Okay the oil - yikes! How do kids think to do these things. Of course it tasted yucky. Did they feel okay?

(If it makes you feel any better one time J got ahold of an adult vitamin and ate almost the whole thing...we called poison control for that one, too.)

And Halloween looks like fun - I'm laughing at Gavin signing more.
:-)

IronLawGirl said...

Drake must have had a swig of that too, because he smelled of cinnamon goodness the rest of the day!

mini and brother said...

NO!!!!!!!!!
I would have wanted to drink it too. Glad they're okay.

Kristi said...

Man, I could SO beat you many times over for Mother of the Year Award. Believe you me. <:/