Friday, January 8, 2010

2010

Well....I sat down to write down a few of my goals for 2010 and found that I could not. stop. writing. I don't know what that says about 2009, but apparently I have a lot to accomplish! Some of them are small things, some of them are bigger. Some are ongoing goals that will probably be on my 2011 list as well. Regardless, I am sharing them with the blog world in hopes that it will make me more transparent, and also help me to be accountable to sticking to it. I will report back at the end of the year, and hopefully I can put a check by most of them!


  1. Pray more for my kids
  2. Pray more for my family and friends
  3. Be a better friend
  4. Make more friends both women and with other couples
  5. Be more organized with daily tasks
  6. Go shopping less
  7. Dance with my kids atleast once a week
  8. Stop yelling when I am frustrated
  9. Read a book (instead of magazines which has been the extent of my reading lately)
  10. Lose the last 10 ish pounds of baby weight
  11. Run another marathon
  12. Spend less time on the computer when my kids are awake
  13. Go on a date with my husband atleast once a month
  14. Plan more special one on one time with my kids
  15. Cook more and plan weekly menus
  16. Stop trying to keep my house spotless....3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 husband--it's never gonna happen!
  17. Stop comparing my life/myself to others
  18. Limit my Starbuck's to 1-2 times per week or less
  19. Join a bible study
  20. Get more involved in church/community

Whew! a long list, I know, but I am going to do my darndest to try to accomplish it :) Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Taylors said...

we have a lot of the same goals! especially #12.
I'm sure you'll do great though!! Yay, to a new year!!

Mikele said...

That's a great list. Ah, the Starbucks one...

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Love your list. I share many goals with you! I have some great books if you are interested!

Kim F said...

you've already done #19. yay!
wanna trade babysitting for date nights? that's a goal of ours too.

Jasmyn said...

Kim- I would love to trade babysitting but that is not really fair to you guys...we have 3 you only have one!

But if you think you are up for two rambunctious crazy boys + a princess baby...just let me know!

Lily is also welcome at our house anytime!