Friday, July 16, 2010

Days 4 and 5....shopping and museums!

The very first night we were there, I slept horribly. Zoey was in our room and I could hear every move she made, her breathing, etc. It didn't help that we unknowingly put her crib under a vent and she woke up twice as cold as could be. We were going to try to put her out in the living room area, but then that meant the boys would probably wake her up when they cam out of her room. Then we were going to put her in the boys room, and have boys sleep on couch, but then I was worried I wouldn't hear her if she was crying. So then I had a grand idea:

Can you find her?....It's kind of like where's waldo.

There she is....that's right, in the closet! I promise you she LOVED it in there, and I never closed the door all the way. Please don't call CPS on me....

The day after Legoland we spent the day at the pool, just relaxing and getting sun. We were going to drive to the beach the next day but our car was acting up a bit, and Joel really didn't want to drive 2 hours each way. So, we found some neat stuff to do around palm springs.
First up, the dinosaurs:

Ever passed these on the way in from california. We had stopped before, but never knew they had a whole museum of them. This time we actually went in and checked them all out!


The boys love dinosaurs!

Inside the mouth of the big T-rex
It was really windy out that day, and we decided to save 8 bucks on admission by me not going in. So this is what Zoey and I did while the boys were looking at dinosaurs. She is a natural!

Next up....the outlets! I had saved up my $$ to by my favorite Seven jeans. I love them, and may have worn them the remainder of the trip. Also, Joel surprised me with an early anniversary present by letting me get this:

Isn't She beautiful!! I am in love....


On Day 5, we found a Children's Museum about 45 minutes away

Ready to do some expoloring!
They had a part where you could paint a real car!

Dress up...meet Dr. Anderson

Cowboy Anderson

Mr. Joe Cool

Next up, make your own pizza

A little motorcycle riding too!

We finished the day at Ruby's Diner making fancy cars
Our little princess had a fun day too ( look at how tan she is here!)

3 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

K Jas, the summer Gwen turned one we lived in New Jersey, and she slept in out closet the WHOLE summer!! And it worked out great! ;) I'm always there to make you feel like a better mom compared to me.
Also, so jealous of your new purse!!

Mikele said...

My newborns always slept in my closet. Actually, various newborns have slept in my closet.

I love the purse. She's beautiful!

Carrie said...

My kids have been known to sleep in their fair share of closets. In fact, Audrey is about to make the grand move ...

Eli slept in the jacuzzi tub when we were at a hotel in CO last summer ... you get desperate when there are so many bodies in one hotel room!