Saturday, July 31, 2010

new creation

so its been awhile since I made anything, mostly because if I 'm not in the "sewing mood" then it doesn't turn out right. I was inspired by Jen's romper that she made so this is my first attempt at making one for Zoey! I use a romper I had from target as my template:

I just kind of eyeballed everything, and I have never done legs before, but thankfully making stuff for a baby is pretty forgiving! Here's how it turned out:


It doesn't look as good here as it does on her.(pardon the dark marks, I had just tried it on her and she drooled!)



Not bad eh? When I try again, I will put the waist a little lower on the hips, and lengthen the torso so there is more loose fabric on the top.


And, as an extra bonus, the below pictures are proof that my daughter is part puppy dog....that tongue is ALWAYS hanging out!!!
love this girl!

6 comments:

Tawnya said...

Good job! I love the trim around the legs.

IronLawGirl said...

That is so cute! Nice work Jaz!

Tiffany said...

I would have never guessed that the grey jumper was handmade when she wore it last night! So cute!!

Mikele said...

I can't even imagine what it would look like if I attempted it. Good job!

Carrie said...

Nicely done! Makes me think I might have time to sew again ... someday :)

Kristi said...

So stinkin cute. Coco always had her tongue hangin' out too!