Thursday, August 5, 2010

My baby boy is growing up!

Last night I kissed my 2 year old for the last time. Today he wakes up as a big 3 year old....oh how a year goes by soooo fast, and how many things change. Last year on his birthday, he was still in diapers...those have been long gone for about 11 months now! My "little" chunky monkey has grown up so much over the past year. He will be starting preschool in just 2 weeks!
Hard to believe this was him 2 years ago:


And now he is well on his way to be a teenager:


This kid is soooo smart. Remembers EVERYTHING, so be careful what you promise him, because he will call you on it. Loves everything cars, superheros, and motorcycles. Thinks he knows how to do a backflip. Finally knows how to swim!! Loves Food, of any kind, and apparently, is always hungry. Can hear me descretely unwrap a candy wrapper from all the way in the back row of the van....and wants me to share. Cannot watch a tv program or movie for more than 5 min before getting up and wandering off. Is my little shadow, always coming and finding me if I am not in the room. Gives me unsolicited "I love you's" atleast five times a day. Love's his mommy and wants to go everywhere with me. Adore's his baby sister and knows how to make her belly laugh. Looks up to his big brother, even when he is not so nice. Has some of the most gorgeous blue eyes I've ever seen.
Thank you, Gavin, for being such an amazing, loving, witty, cute, snuggly, and wonderful little boy! Hope your Birthday is full of fun and laughter. Now please, stop growing up so fast!!!!!!

5 comments:

Tawnya said...

What a cutie patootie. Happy Birthday!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday! Can't believe you get to be in preschool this year!

Mikele said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Gavin!

Kristi said...

I love Gavin. LOVE. Happy Birthday, Cute Stuff!

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday! He sure is cute.