Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Inspired Creation

I have a tendancy to go through sewing ruts, and lately it seems like I have been in one. I just need a project that would give me the "itch" again, and finally, I indeed found it. I saw a tutorial for this pillow while I was blog-surfing stranger's blogs one day (you know you do it too!), and I decided it was just what I needed to help make over my bedroom set. You see, in the 9 1/2 years we have been married, we have never had a bedding set. Partly because the ones I like are so expensive, and partly because we have a Cal King matress and everything I find that I like does not come in that size. So, we have a make do neutral colored comforter, and I have decided to start dressing it up.  So, (drum-roll, please) this is the first pillow that will help dress up my bed:
 I am amazed that it turned out exactly as it was supposed to !
Here is the corresponding fabric on the back.

Now, all I have to do is finish up the second flower pilow, then I am going to use corresponding fabric to make some pillow shams. Hopefully by the time I am done, it will at least look like I have a matching bedding set!

5 comments:

Tawnya said...

Nicely done!

JacksonFamily said...

That is too funny, I totally saved that tutorial to my favorites to try for my couch pillows. You did a great job.

mini and brother said...

I love that pillow with the brown flowers! Awesome!!!

Mikele said...

Now that you're a master....

Carrie said...

very fun. I read that tutorial ... and loved the pillows! have 2 in yellow from Target ... but I'm calling you if I need another color :)