Sunday, August 3, 2008

CA trip, day 1& 2

Ok, ok...I know I said I was going to work backwards, but the only pics I have on my camera were from the first two days so instead we are starting from the drive up, that's a good place to start I think.
We left about 3 in the afternoon but after gas and food pit stops it was 4 pm before we really left the West Valley. Gavin decided it would be the day to try out screaming on us and see how we dealt with it. We did not deal with it well. Note to self, yelling back does not work, it only teaches the other son to yell in response too. Needless to say we had quite the ride. I was able to capture one peaceful moment when Gavin finally stopped yelling long enough nap....don't let that sweet face fool you!



Trying to shut him up with food!


Finally asleep:)


Among the many side of the road pee breaks ( for Kade, not for us!) also came a poop break. Since we didn't want to do that on the side of the road, we stopped at a Burger King, and we stumbled on to Jurassic Park! This cool B.K. had a bunch of life sized Dinosaurs. I think they were slides but they were closed so we just looked instead. Kade thought they were so cool and could not stop talking about them!



I totally forgot about the old school Burger King Hats!
Kade punching the Dinosaur







Look at these two cuties. Gavin looks too big to be sitting on his lap though!



DAY 2


After a late arrival the night before, we spent the next day at the beach for some much needed down time. It was absolutely gorgeous weather. I love the beach, and I especially love not being in AZ! We were walking distance from the beach but we drove up to the pier where there was a little more stuff to do.



This was our home away from home for the week!






Gavin didn't like the sand or the water...poor kid!






That's better, mom has you now!



I love this pic of the two of them!

A beautiful self protrait...hey, where is the rest of me??

me and Fun Kristi :)


He is flexing his muscles for all the girls!
All in all, a good day at the beach!!!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I must need to preach the wonders of earplugs some more... it would have taken the edge off of Day 1, Sista!!

It was such loooovely weather! Yay Oceanside!!

Astraea said...

So, are you saying you don't have Drunk Fun Kristi pictures? I see she only posted Junk Droel!

Jasmyn said...

See, there in lies the problem of my broken camera! I took a couple on Kristi's camera, but they are to her discression to post....it doesn't look like they will be shared with the world.

mini and brother said...

Love those big blue eyes. What a hunk.

Astraea said...

I guess I'm going to have to start stalking her until she shares!!!