Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Chunky Monkey!!!!

I am taking a break from vacation talk to wish my lil monkey a very happy birthday. You are 1!

For those of you who do not know his stats, Gavin Truth Anderson was born August 6, 2007 at 10:33 am. He was forced out of me one week past his due date, I guess he was pretty comfortable in there:) It took about 35 minutes of the hardest pushing ever to get that butterball out. I always new he was big when he was in my belly but we didn't know he was gigantic until he made his way into the world at a whopping 10 lbs, 2 oz and 22 inches long! I know, I know, I rock:) I am allowed to be proud of myself for that!


Here is a look back to that glorious day:





Well Gavin, it has been a crazy year. You were born starving and I still have trouble keeping up with your appetite! You had so many little idiosecrencies (sp??) that your brother didn't have. You definately gave me a run for my money, and there were a lot more tears in the beginning because I just didn't know what to do to make you happy. But I have come to figure out that you were just born ahead of your time. I think you wanted eat people food and crawl and walk and you didn't like that newborn stage. Well, you are definately past that stage now, and much happier. You weigh 25 lbs. at the ripe age of one, and though you are not walking yet, you can crawl like a son of a gun.

And boy are you smart! You are too smart for your own good, and too cute which makes a dangerous combination. I love the smile you give me when I come into your room in the morning. I love when you give slobber kisses and high fives. Your big blue eyes melt my heart, and your 3 1/2 teeth make me laugh out loud.



Happy birthday Gorgeous, Chunky Monkey, Gav, lil earthquake, Chunker Monker, brother......Baby Gavin! I love you :)






6 comments:

Tawnya said...

Happy Birthday!!! Great post Jaz. Who'd a thunk that the year would pass so fast. Your boys are such little heartbreakers in training. BTW, we'll be there Sun for a bit. :)

Kristi said...

Oh, sweet boy. I love your chunky monkey!

Astraea said...

Happy Birthday!! And walking before you're one is totally overrated! (Faith still isn't walking!)

Rachel said...

Happy birthday! So cute.

Mikele said...

10.2 I can hardly believe it.

Happy Birthday, Gavin!

Anonymous said...

I feel like you just had him! How fast they grow!