Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's a Girl!!!!!

After much of anticipation of wondering whether it was a he or a she, Hannah Patricia Lavin was born 9-16 at 4:22 am. She weighed in at 8 lbs 8oz and measured 19 inches long.





My sister is such a trooper and went through a loooooooong labor to get this little girl out. She first went to the hospital Sunday morning, then again Sunday night, when they finally admitted her it was early Monday morning and they didn't give the poor thing an epidural until about 7:30 am. Even then, little Hannah was stubborn. She was on a Pitosin drip for almost 24 hours before she was born! Apparently my sister and I have issues with dilating (I was on pitosin with both boys!). Regardless, she is here now and looks just like Daddy, and has a full head of beautiful dark hair. I can't wait to spoil her with lots and lots of pink and purple!!





Congratulations Jim and Robyn, we are so happy for you!

taking a rest, waiting for baby to arrive
still resting, these dad's have it so easy!
(Jim was really so great, and never left my sister's side, but I have to give him a hard time!)
I brought my sister a well deserved treat after a very long labor:)

Isn't Hannah adorable! Look at those cheeks :) Jim has a lot of sisters, but I told Hannah that I am going to be her FAVORITE Aunt. And since I don't have a little girl, there will be lots of spoiling going on!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Yay!!!!! Big fan of girls over here. :)

Tawnya said...

Hurray!! I'm so happy for her! And for you to have a niece. Robyn's going to be such a great mom.

Rachel said...

Congrats, she is absolutely gorgeous!!

PS - just saw an article about Joel on azcentral.com - front page.

Astraea said...

I guess I have the opposite problem with Pitocin. I went 7cm in 45 minutes with that stuff!! Congrats! She's beautiful!