Sunday, January 11, 2009

Heeeeelllllp.

Ok, so I need to know how many other moms of toddlers still get up because of whining kids in the middle of the night. And I am NOT talking about Gavin. No, he sleeps 11 hours, no issues accept for the occasional cold or blow out diaper. No, I am speaking of my 3 year old who gets up 2-3 time in the middle of the night like a new born. I thought he would grow out of it, but the growing is going verrrrry slooooowly.

Mind you, this kid used to sleep his 11-12 hours just like Gavin. That is until he graduated out of the crib and into the big boy bed. At first it was only once in a while. And then he would just get up once and ask for a drink so I got smart enough to start leaving one by his bed. That was fine for a while but now that he is potty trained, he gets up to go to go to the bathroom, and it seems like he is up atleast twice after that, wanting to sleep with us, or another drink, or wanting me to lay with him, telling me he's scared. It is always something. And sometimes I hear him at night and when I go to check on him his eyes are completely closed but he is freaking out, having a dream or something.
Needless to say, I am exhausted! I can always fall back asleep, but just getting woken up, or having to get up really screws up my sleep pattern and I don't think I am getting the proper rest that I need and it is starting to wear on me.
So please, tell me am I alone in this? Did anyone else go through this. Tell me what to do, pleeeaase! I need all the help I can get and I am ready for some sleepful not sleepless nights.

ahhhhhhhh!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jasmyn,
I have a few suggestions that may help. I'll try calling tonight after the kids are in bed.
Michelle

Mikele said...

Kate has always woken up in the night. I hear you.

Kristi said...

It's torture. And I got nothin'.