Monday, January 19, 2009

dinner, running, and finally more sleep....that is a good weekend!

Friday we got to hang out with our good friends The McPhie's. Kristin and I went to high school together and have been lucky enough to stay great friends after all these years. She is one awesome chick, and also helps me out with the kids ALL the time. It was nice for our familes to all get to hang out together:)


@ CPK:


I don't know why half of the picture is cut off, but atleast we are all still in it!

Then, on Sunday Kris and I made our way down to Phoenix for the Rock n roll 1/2 marathon. This is us before the race:

We had a great time, and Kristin finished her first 1/2 marathon like pro, and this was the longest she had ever run before! Great job Kris:) It felt soooo good to get to race again and motivated me to get my butt back into some decent running again:)

This is us at the finish line:

And to end off an already great weekend, Kade didn't wake us up in the middle night. It was wonderful! I guess that sticker/bribery (I am not ashamed!) system I started is really working.

Wooo hooooo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the race and on a well-rested night! There's no shame in bribery every once in a while! :) It's just another form of positive reinforcement, right? :)

Kristi said...

Right on, Sista! On both the run and the sleep. Maybe even especially the sleep!!