Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's weekend



so I channeled my inner Martha Stewart for Valentine's Day and tried to make my sweetie some sweets. They turned our pretty good if I do say so myself!

These were homemade chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting.



These ones are the same cupcake but with caramel frosting and chocolates:)

Heart shaped brownies (these were from the box though)

The boys helped me make some hearts and decorate the kitchen

Then they made Daddy a valentine of their own!
On Sunday we were lucky enough to get a date (thanks mom and dad). We went down to Tempe Marketplace and Joel spoiled me with two new pairs of shoes and a cute new hat. He got to do some long overdue clothes shopping himself!

Our self protrait in our cute new hats!



all in all it was a wonderful weekend!





4 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

I love that picture of you guys in your hats. So cute!

mini and brother said...

Cute hats. I like your dark hair.

Did you paint your cabinets in the kitchen? How? Could you teach me?

Kristi said...

Next year please consider ME for your Valentine. Joel Schmoel ;)

Steff Knight said...

OMG so freakin cute!! I need to start getting more creative...thanks for inspiring..=)

Did Kaden actually write that? That's great!