Sunday, March 14, 2010

Busy Bee

So Lately I have had the itch.....the decorating itch that is! We have been in our home for 2 years this summer and there is still sooooo much I want to do but I had been in quite a slump. But for the past month or so I have been focusing on a lot of "little" projects, that hopefully make a bigger difference in making our house a home! I wanted to soften things up, make it more warm and inviting, and frankly, after seeing Katie, Robyn, and Carrie's new homes over the past year I was inspired! Not to mention, that everytime I go in to Cathy's house I wish it was mine!


So here ya go, there is still more to do but I thought I would share what I have so far!


I recovered all my throw pillows on the couch. They were just plain brown before.



I found these curtains at Ikea for $5 and just cut each of the panels in half and hemmed them and VOILA, so much better than just blinds! (pay little attention to ugly old door, it is on the list!)


I took old curtains from our other house and made valances instead. I also have them for the bay window in the kitchen, but haven't hung them yet.


Next, I took Katie's advice and and spray painted all the hinges on our cabinets and then got really cheap handles from Ikea and painted them to match. All together the project was only $15!!



This one I stole from Carrie...actually I stole it from Cathy who stole it from Carrie:) I still don't know if I am going to keep it there or move it elsewhere, but either way, love it!


This was my addition to a very big blank space in my living room. I saw something similar in a store and tried to recreate it. Not bad I think for quite the novice painter.
Up next is repainting the kitchen....then we'll see if I have any craftiness left in me!

9 comments:

Carrie said...

The "A" is fabulous! Love the material ... and the pillows! And the cabinets. You and Katie can do wonders with spray paint!

IronLawGirl said...

Nice work lady friend!!

Tawnya said...

good job! it is the little things that make a difference.

The Gardner Gang said...

Nice job on the living room paintings!! I think they look great. Although it did make me have a flashback to your baby shower and how much of a pain it was trying to write and make art on those onesies. ARG!!

mini and brother said...

I don't know how on earth you have time for "projects" with your little bitty kids and all that RUNNING you do... you are amazing. Love the A and the pillows and I totally think you and I should start a spray painting business someday. More picture your your little girl, please.

Jasmyn said...

Thanks my friends!

Katie-you give me way to much credit....but I will take nice comments like that any day!
I'm in on the spray painting business, maybe it will be our secret to making millions one day!

Carolyn-I made a onesie with those markers the other day and it was not easy...thanks for struggling through that project just so Zoey could be fashionable! ;)

Rachel said...

Great!! Little things definitely can make a big difference. Love the paintings!!

Robyn said...

Good job Krafty Karla! Thanks for shouting me out too...I just do what Carrie and Katie tell me to do. I love your pillows and good job on the kitchen and the letter is so cute. You really have been a BUSY BEE!

Mikele said...

I love the kitchen cabinets. They look really clean and bright.