Friday, July 1, 2011

CA part 2


After Sea World, we spent the next day at Coronado Beach. Oh how I love that beach...the sand is sooo beautiful, and I love walking around the little town. We got there early, around 10 am, and nobody was really out, it was pretty quiet. It was a little windy and chilly too, I was afraid I wouldn't get the California sun I so wanted!

The first thing we did is try to capture a picture of the kids that I have been imagining in my head since Zoey was born. I sooo wanted the three of them holding hands, walking down the beach. So, we went for it right away....and it didn't go so well. I hadn't planned on the fact that Zoey did NOT like the sand on her feet, and when I put her down she just stood there and would. not. move. Niiiice. So much for my perfect picture, huh? Oh well, it was still a good day.


 Here is their "walking" picture.
 the sand was so soft and clean
 Zoey wasn't crazy about the sand, but once I gave her some toys, she was ok to play in it, as long as she didn't have to move!
 This is the first year that the boys were not scared to get in the water and splash around a little!
 Zoey being brave with Daddy
 I love this one....it might just take the place of the picture I tried to 'make' happen!
 I love this girl
 this is one of his favorite things....we bury him every time we go to the beach!
 the "kids" built sand castles
 Can you find Zoey?
 there she is! Joel is a total baby whisperer when it comes to putting her to sleep. He just laid down next to her and rubbed her hair and she conked out for 2 hours!
Finally the sun came out!
 It was a beautiful day, and the boys played in the sand and water the whole time! We walked around later, ate dinner, and then drove home that night. It was a great few days.....I am just sorry we had to leave!

2 comments:

Mikele said...

Sweet picture for sure. I think Zoe has the right vacation idea.

Carrie said...

A total keeper! Love that "not planned" one!