Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Yah, that's how we roll!

Summer is crazy hot, and when you don't have a pool in your backyard, well.....we tend to get creative around our house. Our kids still love baby pools - we buy one every summer...this year we got one that has a little slide on it. The kids kept asking us to come in it with them. I, of course, declined. But the other day Joel must have gotten hot enough, because he jumped - er, well, stepped right in!

He looks comfy in there don't ya think?
Trying out the slide...I think we need to work on his form, though.

On Monday, we didn't really have much going on, just a lazy 4th of July, enjoying being home. The boys wanted to ride bikes so we went out around 9am and it was already 100 degrees. Bike riding quickly turned into cooling off in the sprinklers:

First the shirts came off while they practiced "chasing" the water
Then, they each wanted an action picture. First, Gavin doing a jump.
Next, Kaden showed off his skills!
Zo Zo felt left out so she took her dress off and sported the bloomer and tennis shoe look :)
Diet Mt. Dew, anyone? (don't judge me, she only had a few sips!)
Soon enough, the shorts came off and the boys were running around the front yard in their underoos! Look at Mr. G's big belly....I love it!
Kaden, and his "you talkin' to me" face. I wonder if underwear modeling might be in his future?
Gearing up to jump again! Nice squat form boys :)
JUMP!!!

See, who needs a pool! (Actually, I do....I was hotter than heck taking these pictures!)

3 comments:

Mikele said...

Why are you even outside??!?! Ugh.

Miss you guys.

mini and brother said...

I so wish we were next door neighbors!

Carrie said...

My E would have been right at home!! Digging the underoos!!