Wednesday, August 19, 2009

1st day of school!

Well my baby is officially a big boy now....yesterday Kade started his first day of preschool. He was so excited and has been asking about it since last week at his open house. He has done some classes through the city, so the concept was not totally new to him, but now he goes for 2 1/2 hours, 2 days a week.
Here he is ready for his first day:

When we got there he didn't even wait for me, just started walking up to school....

Look at this cutie.....so excited!

He went right in and found some toys....I don't think he even gave it a second thought when he left. I am glad he is not scared, but a big hug and a 'goodbye mom' wouln't have hurt either. That's ok, I got big hugs and smiles when I picked him up:)

Meanwhile, Gavin and I ran errands and hung out without any bickering...it was glorious. I think they appreciated each other more the rest of the day too! Tuesday's and Thursday's are my new favorite days!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Woooo!

Mikele said...

Mine too!!!

Robyn said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of regular breaks you can count on ;) So glad he enjoyed it too!

Carrie said...

Mine three :)