Tuesday, October 12, 2010

5 years ago today.....

I was already on the way to the hospital with contractions 2-3 minutes apart. I had already called Cathy to confirm that what I was feeling, was in fact, labor. My mom was on the way to the hospital to meet us there. We lived in Avondale and delivered in Scottsdale, so, we had a loooong drive. I thought for sure when I got there, they would check me and tell me I was dialated to atleast a 7. Nope. I was (as the nurse kindly pointed out) at "maybe a 1, honey." Needless to say, it was a very long day. But after an epidural and loads of pitosin, this little guy was welcomed into the world:



You were an AMAZING baby...which is part of the reason I couldn't wait to get pregnant again. Easy pregnancy, wonderful infancy.  Your dad and I couldn't get enough of you, and as you began to grow you continued to amaze us more and more. You started walking @ 10 months, running very soon after that, and never slowed down from there. (Those of you who have read my blog for a while, or know Kaden at all, know he is fearless). You began jumping off the top of the stairs to daddy's arms at age 2. You took the training wheels off the bike at 3, and soon after began riding a quad. You started riding a dirtbike at age 4, and this past year you have become quite the pro at mastering tricks at the bike park.

But even more special than all your physical abilities is your amazing heart. You love your brother and sister and though you sometimes fight, you are always looking out for them. Your middle name is Justice, and I had no idea how much you would truly live up to it. You are quick to point out injustice, or things that are not right, and I love that about you. You are the first to point out the rules, and the rule breakers (unless it's you, and then you have a great excuse as to why it is ok).

You are so smart, and you talk like a 12 year old. I have to remind myself daily  that you are only 5, and that I shouldn't expect so much from you all the time. You are a good helper, and always want to be in on the action. We call you our Tigger, because you NEVER stop moving and bouncing off the walls and running around. Even in your sleep you are consantly moving. Your favorite mode of transportation is running- you run to your room, you run to the bathroom, you run to the kitchen, you run all-the-time!

Kaden, thank you for being so loveable, sweet, smart, and surely keeping me on my toes at all times. You were the first of our family to be born and I am so thankful for you and how you changed our life.
Now, could you please STOP growing up????

 Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

Cute cute post. I can't believe how fast time flies.

Mikele said...

Love the action shot. Happy Birthday, Kaden!

Taylors said...

that is a super cute post. how fun! Happy birthday Kaden!

Carrie said...

Love it! Happy Birthday ... and I saw some serious rock climbing skills ... impressive!