Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's official....

My little baby girl is ONE today.I really don't know how it happened....seriously, I blinked and she grew up. That's what I get for blinking, I guess! Technically she wasn't born till 11 pm, so if peolple ask me how old she is, I will tell them 364.5 days old....is that too weird.
Ohhhh, my baby girl. I waited so long for you. I am glad God did it on His timing, because if I had any control over it I would have had you first, and you wouldn't have had your amazing older brothers to love you like they do.  A year ago today, Zoey, you made our family complete. Everything felt different, it felt right. Seeing 3 little heads around the house, telling people I had 3 children when they asked how many....it was just perfect.
I couldn't wait for you to be born....so I begged my doctor to incuce. Thankfully, he obliged! I dreamed about what you would look like, if you would have hair, what color your eyes would be. And when you arrived, you were just perfect!


You have been such a calm laid  back little baby. THANK YOU! you made the transition to 3 a breeze. I would always tell people "she's just happy to be here" because you just went with the flow. And that is not always an easy flow to go with, our house is busy! Little by little I am starting to see your personality. You are gonna be one fiesty girl, and I love it!



You aren't walking yet, but you like to cruise around like a stink bug with your bum in ther air. You say uh oh, momma, dadda, and you can shake your head "no". You love to blow kisses, show your muscles, clap your hands, and wave bye-bye. You already have 7 teeth...that's right, 7! Your brothers barely had 2 by this age. It is weird for me to see a little person with so many teeth.

You have found your voice, and you like to yell.....a lot. I think you figured out that may be the only way to fight for attention in this house! You will not keep your hair bows in to save your life, and I think you do it on purpose now :)

You light up when your brothers come into the room, and you love playing with all of their toys in their room. You like to push their cars around and make noises....so much for baby dolls I guess.

I look forward to so many things with you...girly things, fun things, mother-daughter things. But don't rush....I am in no hurry, so you can stay this cute and little for as long as you like!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOEY!

3 comments:

Mikele said...

There is no way she's one. That JUST happened!

Happy Birthday, Zo!

Carrie said...

Wowsers! Okay. No blinking for me this year. Really? No interest in hairbows, huh? I'll have to live it up for the next 8 months!! Happy birthday!!!

Rachel said...

NO WAY!! I was honestly shocked when I opened your blog and saw this birthday post! Happy (late!) birthday Miss Zoey.