Sunday, October 24, 2010

Birthday Recap

So this year I got to experience  the joy (pain) of  dealing with two kids' with birthdays 2 days apart. Between planning 2 birthday parties and Halloween, I am going to start dreading October. But now that it is over, I cannot believe how fast it all has flown by.
This year I really wanted Kaden to have a party with just his friends, not my friends and their kids. Though he loves my friends kids, we already did that with Gavin, and would be doing it for Zoey's b-day party too. We kept it pretty simple, and invited friends from school, boys only! Kade had been wanting to do the rock wall at the gym, so we opted to do his birthday party there, since now that he was 5, he was old enough to do the rock wall.
 His party was a Spiderman theme, but really, any superhero will do, so the boys opted for matching Superman shirts for the party!

Kaden with his friends, ready to get this party started!
 Some of the kids couldn't do the rock wall, so they opted for funn jump toys and the bounce house!

Kaden is all suited up and ready to go
 He loved it, and made it all the way to the top without any hesitation! ( I know this suprises you!)
Bounce house fun!
 Scooter races!!
 Only a few fingers were run over by the wheels...no fingers were lost, thankfully! 

 Pizza time!!!

I made spiderman cupcakes, and neglected to take pictures, of course!

His party went great, he had a great time and got lots of superhero toys from his friends. We did his b-day party early, so 3 days later, we celebrated his actual Birthday:

 Stuart Little - He asked for the movie after we read the book

 Thanking little brother for his superhero book and card game.
And finally.....Heely's! He's been asking for them for about 6 months. He's doing pretty good with them too!!

The following weekend, it was time celebrate our little Angel's b-day. It was a busy day...Kaden had his very first baseball game just 2 hours before her party (b-ball post to come soon) and it was still very warm outside!
 Zo Zo in her Birthday outfit!
 me and the birthday girl!
 with gramma G
 Gramma K bought her this cool new scooter for her Birthday. She loves it!
 Girl cousins and sisters....we happened to all dress in pink, though not even planned!
 Presents!!

 Zoey loved her new baby doll :)
 kisses!
 hugs :)
 Time for cake! I made a flower cake for Z to dig into and cupcakes for the rest of the bunch!

 Getting a feel for the frosting....
 She likes it so far
 Yep, I think it is safe to say that Zoey is a sugarholic, just like the rest of the family!!!!
 Messy girl....she got that cake EVERYWHERE!

After, she got all cleaned up and vegged out with Dad. What a great day!!

7 comments:

Taylors said...

Wow, you've been busy!! What fun parties! And that pic of Zoey with frosting all over her face is awesome! Happy birthday kids!!!

Carrie said...

And I love that some parent ... not sure who that would be ... lied and told the gal her son was 5 ... just so he could climb the wall. Ahh ... glad I got that out in the open.

Happy Birthday, K and Z!!!

Mikele said...

I wish I would have lied...

Zoey's cake is fabulous! My talented friend... I love the picture of the supermen. And your baby girl covered in pink frosting. That's a good birthday.

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness! Is that the tutu I made for her ages ago?? That brought a huge smile to my face! Wish we could have made it to the party! :-)

Robyn said...

Quite a birthday season for you guys! Love all the celebrating and joy that brings. I too love Z with the pink frosting all over--adorable.

JacksonFamily said...

You amaze me! How on earth do you find the time to be such an awesome mom? Your kids are very lucky!

junior said...

vc tem uma bela familia!
parabens!
divide o bolo comigo bê!
falo da bahia brasil!