Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My "Coach" Fantasy

So, while in LA for Joel's post interviews we went "shopping." More like clearance shopping for the boys, and dream, couldn't-buy-it-if-I-wanted-to shopping for us. Along this journey we came upon the Coach Purse store. There should have been music playing and spotlight at our grand entrance because I have never seen so many beautiful purses before (a much better selection than at our coach store)! Within seconds I fell in love with my fantasy purse, and Joel, knowing me well, saw it too and said "try on that blue one." It was breathtaking! I fell in love, full force instantly. I just stared at myself in the mirror, and I think I had an out of body experience!


I know, I know, I am talking about these feelings being about a purse. I usually am not impressed by things, but this one did me in.


My reality became even more of a fantasy when I looked at the price tag....$500.00!!! Yikes :) After Joel found that out, he didn't think it was so cute any more. I looked down at my $185.00 coach purse ( which I saved up for months to buy) and was disappointed. It wasn't near as gorgeous as the blue one.


Then I had an idea and thought it was worth a try. I asked the store clerk if they had a trade in program, you know like when you buy a new car. I will trade in my gently used coach purse, for the new and improved model for a great deal! The clerk just kind of chuckled, and I think it was a courtesy laugh because I am sure to her $500.00 is just a drop in the bucket!


Oh well, it will just have to be my fantasy for a while......

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Are you saying you take issue with my $30 Target purse? ;)

It is a lovely purse. I hope Joel remembers that one day...

Unknown said...

Don't know if you've heard of www.bagborroworsteal.com but it allows you to essentially "rent" great purses and jewlrey for a pretty cheap monthly price (at least a lot cheaper than $500)! They have a ton of coach stuff and some of my friends are in love with the program. Check into it sometime if you get a chance! Then post some pics of you and your "new" bag!

IronLawGirl said...

Hey, while your in NY, you can go down to canal st. to buy them from the shady people. I got my coach purse in a hidden ally down there for $70!!!

IronLawGirl said...

that's supposed to be you're

i am semi smart. ;)

Rachel said...

It is lovely. I love all my Coach's but there's always room for more!! Hope you get it for your birthday!!

mini and brother said...

I think you should go to garage sales with me, I've found a couple Coach purses!!

Tiffany said...

Have you been to the Coach outlet in Palm Springs? I got a HUGE leather bag there for $300 off! After I saw their selection, I vowed never to pay full price for Coach again. (the vow didn't last very long though);-)

Robyn said...

I can vouch for garage sales with Katie...I have one coach purse courtesy of her. It's red but I'm convinced it goes with absolutely anything ;)

Jasmyn said...

I am apparently not going to garage sales in the right part of town!!!!