Monday, March 17, 2008

Sick Kids!!!!!!

Vomit, diarrhea, spit up, whining-----these are not things that you think about when having kids. Not that I didn't know that these things were involved, but you don't concentrate on it. You think about the first smiles, first steps, and first "I love you Mom."

Well, unfortunately for me and my little guys, the last 24 hours have been filled with 5 baths, 3 loads of laundry, countless towels, 3 changes of clothes each, countless hours watching the Disney channel, lots of poopy diapers, and a little crying and whining.

I also have a whole new respect for single moms. I am obviously not single, I am happily married to great man, but it seems like most of the time the kids are really sick, Joel is working. How is that? That is some really bad luck on my part. I guess it is just all part of the "job" description of being a sahm. However, when I applied for the position of SAHM, I didn't see any of the above included in the job description! A little bit of false advertising I think, go figure.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Somehow, that's how it is around here too, home alone with sick kids. Blech.

Poor everybody!!

mini and brother said...

I just hate vomit and runny poops. I feel for you and I am praying that they heal quickly... do you have Noggin?

Robyn said...

So sorry :( Are you sick too? I'll be praying for you today...that the boys feel better and that you stay healthy and have extra strength to care for them. Hang in there!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry!! I hope they're feeling better (and you don't get sick) soon.

Mikele said...

Yuck. Sorry guys!