Saturday, March 8, 2008

Survivor Sadness

Before I even start, I have to say, doesn't he look a little like the caveman in the Geico commercials? :) just a thought.

Well, as many of you know our favorite Survivor has been booted, much too early if you ask me. But, that is the nature of the game I guess. People have been so nice and overwhelmingly supportive through this whole experience, and I just have to say "thank you" for that. We were in LA when this past episode aired, because Joel spent the whole day Friday doing post interviews. The show airs two hours earlier here than in LA so both of our phones started going crazy before we had even gotten to see the show. Not only was everyone stunned, but they were pissed and so defensive of Joel. It was so sweet. I didn't reply to hardly any one's phone calls or e-mails because it would have been too hard and redundant to do so but I hope you all know that we love the support.
It was a frustrating ( and partly entertaining) episode. Joel was made to look lazy in some aspects, which we all know isn't true, and the edit made it look like he was completely uncompassionate ( which also is not true, though he does have his moments). But, in the end, you have to give Cerie credit for taking the opportunity to get rid of him when she could because she knew she would have been next. Although many of us don't like her, or Chet and Tracy, you know we would all probably play the same way if given the chance. I personally take it as a compliment that they saw how competitive, determined, and strong of a player that Joel was and knew that was a huge threat to them.
It won't be the same watching the show without him, but we still have the live finale to look forward to, and we are hoping that they do a fan favorite again, where people get to vote for their favorite and that person wins $100,000. Trust me, if they do that again, I will make sure you all know about it so we can rally up as much support as possible to win that prize!!!!!

Now, let's leave you with an excerpt from not only the last episode, but my favorite clip of the whole season:




Chet: I think I hit my head back there.

Joel: I don't care.

Chet: I know.



That says it all!!!!

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Yes, a bit cavemanesque. :) It was a HUGE compliment they saw him as such a threat they wanted him out regardless of his strength (physical and otherwise).

Huge compliment = huge bummer.

Robyn said...

Sad :( But so thankful Joel got to have the experience!!!

Tawnya said...

We were so surprised!! And I'm even more surprised you have a blog and I didn't know about it!!! :) We ROLLED when Joel was dragging Chet around - man, he deserved every bump and bruise he got. Can't wait to see you guys again.

mini and brother said...

Joel is still the Murray Family's all-time favortie Survivor. Great job Joel!!
Now if we see someone being lazy Scott calls them a Chet!!!

IronLawGirl said...

Crazy, we couldn't believe it! But good job Joel!! We are so proud of you!

Rachel said...

Sad. :-( I hope they do the 100,000 again - we'd vote for him!

Astraea said...

The dragging clip was SOOO funny. Chet is such a blob...Maybe if Joel really had been lazy and useless, he could have stayed around longer...seems to be working for a few others! Well, Joel's still the favorite in this house!

Mikele said...

Shoooooot!

JacksonFamily said...

Shephard & I could not stop laughing when he said that to Chet. I'm laughing about it right now just thinking about it.

Scott Murray said...

my life as i know it is over. i mean it...