Sunday, May 25, 2008

Getting Older (and older, and older)....

So, I was born today at 11:58 pm, 28 years ago. ( if you are older than me, I am not calling you old, and I don't want to hear comments about how young I still am cuz I am allowed complain one day out of the year and I choose today!) I normally love my birthday and have no problem turning one year older, but somehow this one is really hitting me. My 10 year high school reunion is this year and I am suddenly realizing that I am no longer in my mid 20's and a lot closer to thirty than I ever planned. You would have thought I would have realized this when I turned 27, but I was ok with that number. Maybe I just need to get used to the number. 28,28, 28. Nope, still don't like it. I feel younger than 28, maybe that is a good thing. I think the biggest thing is I am officially entering the age gap where if you talk to a teenager or someon in their early 20's about music or tv shows (when did FRIENDS become outdated?) you realize how old you are. Weird.

I am sure I will embrace it eventually. 10 years from now I will be wishing I was turning 28. I will always be younger than Joel though, so that does help. I think I will go shopping today, and maybe even have a drink or two. Besides, as one smart woman once said, (thanks Kristi) "you can either get older or be dead." If I have to choose I guess I choose older:)

Happy 2 years away from being thirty birthday to ME!!!

8 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

I feel for you. And all I have to say is at least you don't look like the typical 28 year old. Not that I know what that looks like. But you look like a hot, just graduated from college girl!!!

Happy Birthday Jazzy, love you!!

Tawnya said...

I know just how you feel. *sniff* Get some good stuff while shopping!

Jasmyn said...

Thanks ladies! :)

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you made some age soothing purchases today :)

Rachel said...

Happy birthday! I think you look loads younger than 28, to be honest. (coming from a 27 yr old) Hope you enjoyed your day!

Kristi said...

You don't look a day over 29. HA HAA HAAAA!!! Oh come on, you love me anyway. ;)

Jasmyn said...

I am going to get you for that one Kristi!!! :)

Jason said...

You are in great shape. You married some rich dude. You had kids before you turned 30. You should be on your knees every morning and night thanking God how fortunate you are.