Monday, May 19, 2008

Live! with Jasmyn and Kelly...

Ok, so those of you who know me well know that one of things I was looking forward to most about going to NYC was that we got tickets to the Regis and Kelly show. As you know, if I lived in NY Kelly and I would be BFF. Laugh if you want, but I know it is true! We would go shopping, go out for coffee, and have play dates with our kids! The only problem is, we just haven't officially been introduced yet. Well I was hoping that this trip would change things. You know, she would see me in the audience and just know we were meant to be ( as friends, that is!).

Unfortunately, we were out so late the night before at the after party that we didn't get to the set very early the next morning and we were seated in the back row. :(


In between each commercial break Kelly comes down and chats with the audience (she is just as cute in person) but she doesn't ever look past the 5th row! So she never even saw us. The show ended, and I was heartbroken ( I really was). But then, Gilman comes back out and says "I have a surprise for you all" and proceeded to tell us that they were going to taping another show for Friday because Regis was going to be gone. YES! My second chance. Then he asks for volunteers to be the Go-Go trivia dancer. I leaped out of my seat, jumped up and down like a fool and tried to get his attention. It worked! He picked me and 2 other ladies and 1 big dorky guy and then we had a dance off and let the audience decide. Well, the dorky guy started basically convulsing and doing anything for attention but it worked cuz the audience chose him (grrrrr). I felt a little bit better though, because Jimmy Kimmel was the guest host, and he basically made fun of him for how stupid he looked. Oh well, I guess it just wasn't my time.


It will happen though, I know it.



In the mean time, here is a picture of me on stage during the dance off. I am wearing a white top and am to the right of the dorky guy!

7 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

yea Jasmyn!! I'm so proud of you! ;)

mini and brother said...

Sweet story and I think you're hot!

Kristi said...

Yes, hard to compete with big dorky guy.

I'm sure Kelly watched the tape back and was just as disappointed in not meeting as you were. ;)

Robyn said...

You're my HERO! I would sooner wet myself in public than stand on a stage and shake my booty. You rock :)

Tawnya said...

Sexy moves there, momma!

Rachel said...

Good for you for volunteering, I would have been hiding under my seat. And, yeah, what Kristi said - she was all: "Wow, that girl in the white shirt is cute and I bet we'd be great friends!"

Astraea said...

You look like you were really shakin' that bootie!! I would have been all over that too. Kelly's loss...