Friday, May 16, 2008

NYC Baby!!


As many of you know we just got back from New York where the Finale of Survivor was taped. I will do my best to include as much as possible but there are too many pics to cover everything and I know I will forget something so just bare with me and several posts committed to the trip!



Day 1

We took a red eye to NY, our plane left at 10:30 pm. We did that so the kids would hopefully sleep on the plane. Kade did well but Gavin had a hard time. He could not get comfortable and kept waking up and crying ansd fussing. Of course when he finally did fall into a deep sleep, we were about a half hour away from landing!




Aren't these guys precious!




We arrived to the hotel about 7am NY time which was 4 am AZ time. We were exhausted but wired at the same time so we just walked around a bit. Our hotel was in Times Square which was a perfect location. There was lots of stuff around us to do, including a Starbuck's in every corner (not kidding, every 4th or 5th store was a s-bucks!) so needless to say I was in heaven.


We also found a tour bus with our name on it. We should have taken that instead of our flight!








Day 2 (and Mother's Day)


What a crazy day! I got up early and ran to Central Park, which was beautiful! Then we got coffee (of course) and hung out a little before Joel had to leave. Joel left with the rest of the cast around noon for dress rehearsal and stuff. Before everyone left we met in the lobby and got a lot of fun pics with the cast. Here are just a few:


Us with Eliza






with Chet and Yau-Man





me with lex




with lex and Erik


a mixture of about half of the cast







Joel left and my mom and I spent the day in China Town buying cheap purses and stuff. (That day was crazy and is a whole other post in itself!) That night was the finale in the Ed Sullivan Theatre (where David Letterman is taped) and I went with my mom, Joel's parents, and our good friends Daryl and Meghan. We were there pretty early so we got to snoop around the set and take some fun pics:



The set




me and my mom




Sassy!






Me and Meg....the tribe has spoken!!


3 comments:

Astraea said...

I'm lovin' your dress! WAY SASSY!!

I tried the "We'll take the red eye and hopefully the kids will be so tired and sleep."...It turned into, "What in the world was I thinking taking the red eye alone with three children under the age of 4?!?! This is worse than childbirth!!"

Robyn said...

I was just going to say it too--I love your dress!
What a cool experience for you to get to meet everyone and for Joel to reconnect with...Chet?! Shows what a nice guy Joel really is :)

mini and brother said...

I love every second of this post. Thanks for sharing the behind the scenes stuff. You look really cute!