Saturday, May 17, 2008

Survivor Finale (NYC part 2)

Well the finale itself was very anti climactic. They made us wait in the theatre for 3 hours before the live portion of the show and then on the actual finale Joel only got one question and Jeff Probst was such a jerk, basically trying to make fun of him. I think he handled his question with grace, but it made me very upset. Not only that, but he was cut out of almost all the early footage of the show, which also frusterated me. They definately gave special treatment that night to the "favorites." After the show they were shuffled out to the red carpet and interviewed and got pics together, while the "fans" were hustled out to the bus and made to wait for 45 minutes while everyone else finished up. CBS claims that there is no favortism or special treatment, but that is just a load of crap!

Ok, enough of my venting. We did go out afterwards and party with the cast, which was a lot of fun (though we had to plan our own party cuz this is the first year cbs didn't host a party for survivor--cheapskates). The party was at Jay-Z's club, which sounds more exciting than it was. The club was kind of a dive, I expected something much nicer and exclusive. Anyhow, after a few drinks, we all felt better and had a good time!!!

Here are just a few pics:


us with Denise from last season (she's very nice and hilarious!)



us with Todd, winner of last season



the four of us (so glad you came Meg and Daryl!)



us with Jonathon



We have more pics with James, Amy, Ozzy, Alexis and Erik but are on Meg's camera so will add them when I get them.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

What a bummer that CBS didn't take better care of the fans...I'm glad you guys still had a good time and I love all the pics!!!

Hil said...

Does this mean that I can technically say that i know a celebrity?! =) What a great experience for you two. Jasmyn, you are so funny about my cakes. I just do it for fun, but would love to make you a cake (if you're really being serious) =) Oh, and I am more than happy to show you the raunchy cake, but send me your email address or email me and I'll email you back and send you pics. =) SOOO Good to get back in touch with you!

Tawnya said...

Is your hair darker!?? It looks awesome. Yeah, I thought Joel was shortchanged in the finale. And they asked way too many questions of Parv and Amanda - ugh, they had plenty of airtime. Anywhoo, you guys rock. we need to get together again soon.

Kristi said...

Glad you went! Glad you're home!