Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kentuckiana

This past weekend Joel was invited to a Charity event in Louisville because of his time on Survivor. It is put on by Kentucky's police and fire dept's and the event benefits Kosair Children's Charities, along with their local children's hospital. Not only is it a great charity and cause, but they were nice enough to fly both Joel and me out (normally I would have to pay my own way), put us up in a fancy hotel suite overlooking the Ohio river, and plan all sorts of fun activities and wine and dine us.

Needless to say, we had a blast! I would have never gone to Kentucky on my own, but it was a beautiful state and the people were so hospitable. They treated us so nicely and Joel was well received. It was also neat to meet so many of the other "celebrities" that were there. There were mainly people there from Survivor (all seasons) but we also met people who did the Amazing Race and also other TV shows.

The actual Charity event was Saturday evening and was so successful. Over Six hundred people bought tickets to the gala where they wined and dined and got to meet and have pictures with all the celebrities. So many people were blown away by how different Joel looks now, and how different he is in person, while not in "game mode." We were so blessed to be a part of it and are looking forward to returning again next year!
The view from our hotel

At the Louisville Slugger factory. I am copping a feel!!

They took us to the Kentucky Derby and we got to watch races from the millionaires suite.

Me and Alexis


Us with Rob, Jolonda, and Amber (all from Survivor)




Joel with Katherine Willis (she is on the show "Friday Night Lights")


Joel with Bobby Jon



At six Flags



Joel holding up Courtney and Todd (these two are hilarious!!)

Me and Courtney

Katherine, Joel, Jo, Ami

Me and Godwin (from Amazing Race)

We might be a tad bit intoxicated in this pic(just a little, I promise!)

Joel with Kynt and Vixon (from Amazing Race)

7 comments:

Kristi said...

I love that picture of the two of you... you should be intoxicated more often. I can so help with that. ;)

Kristi said...

And more commentary would be nice -- especially alongside the Joel/Bobby Jon pic... such things need to be shared. HA.

ps, I hate word verification. You can get me a bit intoxicated to make up for it.

Rachel said...

Nothing wrong with a 'bit' of intoxication!! That is a great picture and what a fun trip! Kentucky is beautiful and I love that I'm living vicariously through you and your celebrity pics.

Taylors said...

I love that pic of Joel holding up Courtney & Todd. Must be nice to be a celebrity:)

Mikele said...

So cool. I would love to meet Rob and Amber - they are our favorites from the Amazing Race.

Robyn said...

Kel stole my comment--I loved Rob and Amber on Survivor & AR. And that sweet Godwin, loved him too. What a fun weekend!! It's totally almost the same as mine. Almost... ;)

Candi said...

I'm from Ky and would move back in a heartbeat...it's beautiful! Look's like you guys had a blast:)