Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve

Joel had to work so we played most of the day and then after nap we got ready for Christmas eve service. I knew it would be busy so I made a point to get there early. I got the boys dressed up in their Christmas best (as best as it gets atleast), and we were off to church.

When we got there it was like a fair! There were pictures with a snowman and snoopy, real snow, and a petting zoo with Nativity animals.
There were also yummy cookies.



After being side tracked with all of this, we finally got inside to find there was nowhere to sit. So, we opted for plan B - more playing! Nothing says Jesus' birthday like a bounce house!!!






After Church play we were off to my parents for dinner and Grandpa's "Twas the night before Christmas" reading. I also wanted to start a new tradition with our kids that they would get to open one present Christmas Eve, and they would get Christmas PJ's.


Opening their presents.




Kaden, wasn't thrilled at first, but then he called them his "magic jammers"




Then Grandpa read him "Twas the Night Before Christmas," just like he used to read to my sister and I when we were little. Gavin wasn't interested in the story this year, but hopefully we will have many more years to come of the tradition.

Then off we went home for the boys to go to bed. Little did I know it would take kaden till 10pm to fall asleep. It must have been that darn book about Santa!

No comments: