Monday, December 8, 2008

Gettin' crafty

Have I mentioned that I LOVE this time of year? It is so fun now that Kade is a little older and we can start sharing some of the traditions I grew up with around Christmas time. One of my favorites is making Gingerbread houses. We do it the old school way, with graham crackers and lots of frosting.

Kade had so much fun, and of course ate lots of candy, but he was able to get a few pieces onto the house. I may have taken a few pieces of candy for myself, thus setting the bad example.

look at all that candy!

Kade's house

My house

Kade decided he needed to add more right before bedtime!



4 comments:

Tawnya said...

Beautimus!!

IronLawGirl said...

okay, is that gang signs he's throwing at the same time he's sporting a super cheezy grin? ;)

Kristi said...

Next year have a graham cracker cookie house party -- everyone will clear their calendars!! :)

Rachel said...

I didn't even know you could make them 'old school'!! I've always bought the kits. Those scammers!
What a great idea.