Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 1, part 1, of paradise...

Our day started at 5am when my wonderful parents came to our house to stay with our crazies for 4 DAYS while we were gone. I am very blessed to have such wonderful parents! We had to fly through Dallas to get to Mexico, because the direct flight was more expensive...(it made no sense, but whatever!) so it took us double the time. With time changes and layovers, we didn't arrive until almost 4 pm. We were ambushed by locals trying to sell us things and trying to tell us our shuttle was somewhere other than it really was. Thankfully, Joel got a heads up from a friend of his who had recently gone, and we didn't listen so we didn't get "trapped." I think a few other couples on the plane were not so lucky! We finally got to our hotel and the first thing we did was get drinks and and find the food!



I don't know how much chips and guacamole we consumed over the entire trip but I am pretty sure I am atleast 5 pounds heavier than when I started!
We took Jen's cue, and did a lot of self timer pics...Joel is a pro at these!

On our beach, less than 100 yards from the pool!
Now, the next picture needs some explanation. Acouple weeks before our trip Joel told me he was going to get a speedo for our trip. I really though he was kidding until he ordered one online and put it in the suitcase. I believe his exact words were: "c'mon, you know I can rock the speedo on the beach!" Apparently he was serious....and I have proof!



Those are some white upper thighs buddy!


The view from where we were laying



More to come of Day 1...dinner, drinking, and karaoke:)

2 comments:

Mikele said...

Oh no, you did not just post your husband in a speedo!!!!

mini and brother said...

WOWSER!! What else can I say about seeing Joel in a speedo.