Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 3....best day ever! (excluding wedding and kids' births of course)

So day 3 Joel and I planned to go into downtown Cabo where the marina was (we were actually staying in a sub city of Cabo called San Jose del Cabo, about 20 min. away) for some shopping and a surprise!
So, after breakfast we took a shuttle down to the Marina. There was a cruise ship in that day at one of its ports of call so it was really busy. I had never seen a cruise ship up that close before and it was huge!
These were all the little boats
These pelican type birds were everywhere


At lunch....more mexican food and margaritas, of course!





So this is the whole reason we came down to Marina in the first place, for my birthday present:


Ever since I was little, it has always been my dream to swim with the dolphins. Joel has known that since we started dating, and for my 30th birthday, he made my dream come true!


They were so gentle, and smooth, and loved to be petted.

Kisses for me from Flipper

This was my favorite part. You could choose ride on their back or their belly. The back was the faster of the two so I chose that one. Oh my, they weren't kidding, it was soooo fast. I almost fell off!

Thank you, sweetheart, for the most amazing birthday present ever!



We were beat after that so we went back to the hotel to rest up before dinner
We got back to our room and found this waiting for us....kinda neat, yet a little strange too.


That night there was another show. This one was evolution of dance. Basically dancing from all different genres.



After the show, we went back down to the bar for our last night before having to leave. Joel let loose:

He met a new friend too. I stayed more sober so I could be our designated walker, and make sure we made it back to the room ok!

It was a wonderful last night!

7 comments:

Taylors said...

Oh my gosh!!! Your trip looks amazing!! I'm so jealous! And how fun, riding with the dolphins!!! So glad you guys got a trip away from the kiddos!

Kristi said...

Oh, how much fun is Junk Droel?! I LOVE that you got to go on this trip - so sooo happy for you! LOVE that you swam with dolphins. AWESOME.

Mikele said...

Did you know that dolphins are gay sharks? :)

So very awesome!

mini and brother said...

I'm not one bit in love with dolphins but I just cried seeing these pictures. Love the one if it kissing you. I want to go on VACATION!!!

robynirish said...

First of all...WOW looks like soooo much fun!!! Second of all...don't call the towel swan strange!! That was my favorite part when we went to Cancun! It is an art form. You need to learn to appreciate the simple things. Ha ha! Did they have neat melon carvings at the buffet?

Carrie said...

Gay sharks? Nice, Kel.

What a fun birthday trip!!!!!

Rachel said...

Awesome!! Love the dolphin pictures. :) (I love dolphins too!)